PLEASE WAIT – Look Around, See Inside (2016)
release date: November 26th
Referring to Please Wait’s youth still seems to be the most recurrent, outstanding and exciting fact of the band, however, if we think about it, we’ve been talking about them like the eternal young promise, the new blood or the hope of Spain’s post-hardcore for years. Reality shows that this keeps being true. Simply because they started so young, beardless and adolescent that, still today, years after they formed the band in 2008, they still are just 18 and 20 year old kids. But with a difference: they have already toured their whole country and half of Europe, from France to Czeck Republic and from England to Italy. That makes them more veteran, expert and seasoned artists as 99% actual Spanish bands of their age. Again, is their youth their biggest charm? Maybe, but that is the headline anymore, but the fact of having written and recorded a debut LP that is, simply-put, astoundingly crushing: Look Around, See Inside (2016)
If you focus on Manel’s fingers going through the bass’s neck, his hand like a bird walking over a tree’s branch, you will see a bit of the brilliant talent for writing music that this kids have. With a broad register of rhythmic structures by Gerard, born in sweat in the rehearsal room, and a mesmerizing guitar, evenly pounding and colorful, the overwhelming energy of the trio sublimes with Borja’s vocals, evenly tormented and innocent. Having literally soaked up the gigs organized by Atzavara from Sant Feliu de Guíxols, has given them the skills and composure that not many musicians of their age can brag about. That could already be sensed in their Dirty Little Secret (Saltamarges, 2012) cassette release. Merit not only resides in where you were born but, mainly, in how you work and in the willingness of playing live. If talent, education and hard work unite, like in Please Wait’s case, we find it fair to encourage you to keep that in mind.
Eric Fuentes (October, 2016).
- First LP album after a debut EP on cassette, Dirty Little Secret (Saltamarges, 2012).
- They have toured to Europe and Spain sharing stage with renowned Spanish bands like Viva Belgrado, No More Lies, Nueva Vulcano, L’Hereu Escampa or Guerrera, and International like Nai Harvest, Dowsing, Birds In Row, Buildings, Randy, Office Of Future Plans or No Age.
- Songs influenced by Braid, Touché Amoré, Cap ’N Jazz, Texas Is The Reason, Engine Down, Jawbox, Title Fight.
- Available on vinyl 12” 140 gr. splatter colored translucent in die-cut folder.
- Recommended Single: Northern Lights.
- Northern Lights
- Alf’s Swimming Pool
- Not Even Closer
- Touch The Dirt (Richard’s Mind)
- Album released on vinyl 12” 140 gr. splatter colored translucent in die-cut folder by Saltamarges, Hang the DJ! Records, La Agonía de Vivir, Caleiah, KrimsKramz, Dingleberry Records and Tief In Marcellos Schuld Records.
- Recorded and mixed by Santi Garcia at Ultramarinos Costa Brava studios (Sant Feliu de Guíxols, Spain).
- Mastered by Victor Garcia at Ultramarinos Mastering.