TANO! – Tano! 12’’ LP (2016)
(Release Date: December 2016)
The emergence of the power-duo Tano!, formed by Oskar Garcia (former guitar player and vocalist in Hurricäde) and Víctor Álvarez (bass player and vocalist in Anchord), can’t be understood without the existing connection between the two aforementioned bands -having shared stages and even toured together in 2014- and the dissolution of Hurricäde in 2015, after being active for 8 years.
Tano! is also the title of their debut LP. Ten tracks written entirely in Catalan, and heavily influenced by Oskar’s singing and guitar playing, thus often reminiscent of Hurricäde’s sonority, concepts and band aesthetics. As a clear evolution of Hurricäde, Tano! carries on -as a duo- the task of exploring and experimenting with a music rich in dinamics, unapologetically rythmic and agressive, and dissonant at times.
The influences are notorious: Drive Like Yehu, Botch, Fugazi, Converge, The Locust, Abhinanda, HHH or the catalogues from labels like Ebullition Records or Deathwish. But what is Tano!?Post-hardcore? Math-core? Screamo? Emoviolence? Grindcore? Probably all of the above and none. This record clearly makes a point of avoiding the confort zone by all means, while at the same time paying homage to some of the bands mentioned above.
This will to complicate things and to create a very particular beast, in terms of sound, is what propels this duo to be permanently standing at the edge of a cliff, performing a juggling act to avoid falling down and keep the adrenaline pumping all at once. As proclaimed in the song Rius de Serps: “If you can only see the light, you might as well be seeing nothing”.
- Debut album from the power duo Tano! born in 2015 with members from Hurricäde and Anchord.
- Recorded by the producer Santi Garcia in a Catalan old rural house (Cal Pau Recordings)
- They played at underground festivals of Catalonia like Actitud Fest, Sugar Il.legal Fest or Fusiònica, and shared stage with bands like Wild Animals, Cuello, Una Bèstia Incontrolable!, Nueva Vulcano, Power Burkas, Wann or L’Hereu Escampa.
1. El Despertar
2. Rius de Serps
3. Un Moment, un Instant
4. Quentin Tarantano
5. La Torre de les Bruixes
6. Takeshi Kitano
7. L’Ànima en Pena
8. Budisme Tibetano
9. Jano Montano
10. L’Última Frontera
- Recorded and mixed by Santi Garcia at Cal Pau Recordings (January 2016) and mastered by Victor Garcia at Ultramarinos Mastering (Barcelona).
- Co-released on vinyl 12” 140 gr. black by Saltamarges, La Agonía de Vivir and KrimsKramz.
- Cover design and artwork by Gerard Serrano (Midwest Studio) and logo created by Noemí Rebull (La Mandanga).